The Italian city of Pisa is located on the east bank at the mouth of the Arno River on the Ligurian Sea that lies between Italy and France.
The Pisan quarter was one of the smallest quarters of Crusader Acre. Approximately one-third of its area was occupied by a large khan, approximately corresponding to todays Khan al-Shuna. The Pisans had no access to the sea and what is today called the Pisan Port was part of a large, broad wall that enclosed the city on the south. The existing breach in the wall was made when it was destroyed in 1840.
See Glossary: Crusaders, map of the city quarters.